1. Glorify God in worship and deed.
2. Proclaim God’s saving Gospel.
3. Carry out Christ’s Great Commission
4. Serve in response to God’s love to meet human needs.
5. Nurture its members in the Word of God and the Sacraments of the Church.
6. Manifest the unity give to the people of God.
It will there fore be the purpose of this Synod to:
1. Evangelize people to faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Be alert to new opportunities for ministry with minorities within this Synod.
3. Expand our vision to include a worldwide view of ministry.
4. Support the institutions and agencies of this Synod and Region.
5. Work with church, government, and private institutions and agencies to foster economic development within this Synod.
6. Develop strategies to address urgent social problems and issues of justice and peace.
7. Provide leadership development in our congregations.
8. Advocate harmony between nature and people that will enhance our unique quality of life.
9. Celebrate the rich and varied heritage of our congregations and promote a strong sense of family and fellowship.
10. Cooperate with other Christian churches for a more effective ministry.
(Adopted by the Synod Constituting Convention, June 21-23, 1987.)
Northern Great Lakes Synod
1029 North 3rd Street
Marquette, MI 49855
Fax: 906-228-2527OnLine Donations